Bristol Green Doors runs educational events to inspire, encourage and enable domestic green refurbishment in our community and support others to do the same.
As so many of our homes are old, the use of measures such as draught-proofing and insulation, and new technologies such as solar PV and smart meters are important. They make the homes energy smart, more comfortable, cleaner for the environment and cheaper to heat.
We want to see everyone living in comfortable and healthy homes that they can afford to heat and don’t contribute to climate change. By changing behaviour, improving energy efficiency and generating energy locally we believe this is possible for the majority of the UK’s housing stock.
- These last few years have seen rising fuel costs, squeezing household incomes and affecting those most on low and fixed incomes.
- Under heated homes are unhealthy and uncomfortable to live in.
- In the vast majority of cases heating our homes, as well as cooking and using electricity for lighting and other amenities, generate carbon dioxide emissions, which are the single largest cause of climate change.
Bristol Green Doors is a Community Interest Company (number 7300178) which supports "retrofitting" by allowing people to talk and listen to others who have made their homes better in this way at events and through information on this website.
- Bristol Green Doors can not offer advice on retrofitting, we let the householders speak for themselves.
- For more information on the measures installed in our homes go to our 'Research' section.
- For free advice on domestic energy use to householders in Bristol, Somerset and South Glos, call the CSE Home Energy Team on 0800 082 2234
Bristol Green Doors - Hamilton House, 80 Stokes Croft, Bristol BS1 3QY
On 10th November 2016, we announced Bristol Green Doors would now go into “hibernation” due to no secure income or funding streams existing and lack of retrofit activity nationally and locally.
In these circumstances, our aims of celebrating and normalising domestic retrofit in a sustainable manner can not be either realised or be meaningful through our current strategy and structure.